Initializing a DSC Instance
Depending on how you launched your instance, use the following table to determine whether you need to complete this procedure.
After launching a DSC instance, you must log on to the instance and initialize DSC.
- From the AWS Web Console, note the Public DNS or Public IP of the DSC instance and the Private DNS or Private IP of the Viewpoint instance.
- From your SSH client console, log on to the DSC instance as
ec2-userusing the applicable AWS key pair.
# ssh -i private-key-file ec2-user@public-DNS or public-IP
- private-key-file is the private key file (.pem) of the AWS key pair specified when launching the DSC instance.
- public-DNS is the public DNS name or public-IP is the public IP address of the DSC instance.
- Switch to the root user environment.
# sudo su -
- Initialize DSC on the instance, either interactively or non-interactively.NoteEither of the following options change the DSC repository password to the AWS instance ID.
Option Description Interactively
dsu-initwithout an argument.
where version is the version of DSC you are initializing.
- At the following prompt, enter the private DNS or private IP address of the Viewpoint instance to be used with DSC.
Please enter Viewpoint host name for use with dsu:
- At the following prompt, enter y if the hostname is correct or n if the hostname is incorrect.
Is the hostname <hostname> correct (y|n)?:
dsu-initwith any of the optional arguments.
# /opt/teradata/client/version/dsa/commandline/dsu-init -v viewpoint private-DNS or private-IP address
- version is the version of DSC you are initializing.
- viewpoint private-DNS or private-IP address is the private DNS or the private IP address of the Viewpoint instance to use with DSC.
DSC is initialized without any further prompts.
DSC is ready to use. The script sets the repository target group. The repository backup will be stored on the local machine at /var/opt/teradata/dsc/pathRepo. For information on how to configure systems, S3 storage backup applications, and target groups for S3 to run operational jobs, see Teradata Data Stream Architecture User Guide.
If you plan to use the BAR portlets in Teradata Viewpoint, see Configuring a Teradata Viewpoint Instance for DSC.