Configuring Data Mover Portlets on a Viewpoint Instance
Depending on how you launched your instance, use the following table to determine whether you need to complete this procedure.
You must configure the Data Mover portlet if you plan to use Teradata Viewpoint for data movement.
- From the AWS Web Console, note the Private IP of the Data Mover instance and either the Public IP or Public DNS of the Viewpoint instance.
- From your browser, display the Viewpoint portal log on screen.
where: public-DNS is the DNS host name or public-IP is the public IP address of the Viewpoint instance.
http://public-DNS or public-IP/c
- Log on to the Teradata Viewpoint portal using administrator credentials.
- Open the Data Mover Setup portlet.Skip steps 4a through 4f if you used a Teradata ecosystem to launch Teradata Viewpoint and Data Mover.
- Next to Daemons, click .
- Enter a Daemon Nickname.
- [Optional] Activate this daemon for monitoring by selecting Enable daemon.
- Enter the Daemon IP/DNS value which is the private IP address of the Data Mover instance.
- Enter the Broker Port value which is 61616.
- Click Test Connection.If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. Verify the settings are correct and try again.
- Under Daemon Setup, click Permissions.
- Under Users and Roles, select the admin role and move it from the Available Users list to Selected Users list.
- Click Apply.If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. Verify the settings are correct and try again.
- Close the Data Mover Setup portlet.
- From the Viewpoint portal, click Add Content to add the Data Mover portlet.The Data Mover portlet in Teradata Viewpoint is ready to use for data movement. See the Teradata Data Mover User Guide.