Configuring SecureCRT for Teradata Software for AWS Connections
PrerequisiteThis procedure assumes you have SecureCRT installed.
You can configure SecureCRT to allow connections to Teradata Software for AWS instances.
- From the AWS console, select EC2 > Instances.
- Record the Public IP of the instance to which you want to connect.
- Run SecureCRT.
- On the Session Manager, click to start a new session.You can also press Alt+N.The New Session Wizard opens.
- At SecureCRT protocol, select SSH2, and click Next.
- At Hostname, enter the public IP address you previously recorded.
- At Port, enter 22.
- At Username, enter ec2-user, and click Next.
- At SecureFX protocol, select SFTP, and click Next.
- At Session name, type a name for the session, and click Finish.The New Session Wizard closes.
- In the Session Manager, right-click on the new session you just created, and select Properties.
- Under Category, select SSH2 to display the SSH2 options.
- At Authentication, select PublicKey, and click Properties.The Public Key Properties window opens.
- Select Use global public key setting.
- Select Use identity or certificate file, and browse to the Amazon key pair *.pem file that was created when you deployed the instance.
- Click OK to return to the SSH2 settings.
- At Key exchange, select every line that contains diffie-hellman, and click OK.Diffie-Hellman is a method of securely exchanging keys over a public channel.
- Back on the Session Manager, double-click your session to connect to your instance.