Launching an Instance Using 1-Click Launch
PrerequisiteLaunch Teradata Database.
If you are launching Teradata components separately on AWS, some products can be deployed using 1-Click Launch. See Methods for Launching Software Solutions Separately and Options for Launching Software Separately: By Product.
- If you have not subscribed to the software, do so now.
- From the AWS Marketplace, select Your Marketplace Software from your account menu in the upper-right corner.A list of AMIs appears.
- Beside the preferred AMI, click Launch more software.A product summary page appears.
- On the Launch on EC2 page, click the 1-Click Launch tab.
- Before launching, review and modify the following settings:
- Expand Version, and select an AMI version.
- Expand Region, and select a region.See AWS Regions.
- Expand EC2 Instance Type, select an instance type, and review the displayed pricing and cost information.
- Expand VPC Settings, and select a VPC other than the default because the default VPC is open to the public.
- For the subnet, check the Auto-assign IPs checkbox.
- Expand Security Group, and configure a new or select an existing security group to set your firewall settings.
- Expand Key Pair, and configure a new or select an existing key pair.See Key Pairs.
- Click Launch with 1-Click.The time required for an instance to launch varies because instance types come in various sizes with varying combinations of CPU, memory, storage, and networking capacity.A Software Installation Details message displays the configuration details for the instance being launched.
- From the Software Subscriptions page, click Manage in AWS Console.
- From the AWS console, assign a name to help you identify the instance:
- In the Name column of the instance, click .
- Enter the instance name, then click .
When the Instance State changes to running, complete the applicable procedure under Configuring Teradata Software for AWS.