If you are deploying Teradata Database with other Teradata software solutions on AWS, we recommend deploying a Teradata ecosystem using AWS CloudFormation. Alternatively, you can deploy some products separately using AWS CloudFormation, Manual Launch, or 1-Click Launch methods described here. Deploy Teradata Database before deploying other Teradata products separately.
Supported deployment methods vary by product.
|Deployment Method||Use Case|
|AWS CloudFormation||Provides the ability to deploy the following software by itself based on templates.
- A Teradata Database system using a choice of templates. Requires little or no additional configuration, depending on which features are used.
- Teradata AppCenter using a single template. Requires no additional configuration.
- A Teradata Data Mover agent or cluster using a single template. Requires minimal configuration.
- A Teradata Server Management instance using a single template. Requires minimal configuration.
|Manual||Gives you full control of all settings before deploying Teradata product instances based on AMIs, but is more time-consuming than AWS CloudFormation deployment due to post-deployment configuration requirements.
- Involves additional configuration steps after instance deployment.
- Allows you to deploy multiple AWS instances of a single Teradata product from one AMI based on the same configuration settings of your choosing.
- Provides for modification of all settings, including storage type and capacity.
- Automatically sets EBS root device volume for deletion on instance termination, but requires you to manually set attached EBS storage volumes for deletion.
- Provides for deploying instances in placement groups and availability zones other than the default. Certain Teradata Database on AWS software benefits particularly from inclusion in placement groups.
- Requires some knowledge in setting up an instance.
|1-Click||Easiest and fastest way to deploy a single instance of Teradata products. Requires minimum configuration.
- Allows you to deploy a single AWS instance from one AMI with predefined settings recommended by Teradata.
- Can use only the predefined Teradata instance types.
- Presents difficulty modifying some settings after the instance is deployed.
- Cannot modify the predefined storage size and type.
- Automatically sets EBS storage volumes for deletion on instance termination.
- Does not provide for deploying of instances in Placement Groups and Availability Zones other than the default.