Backing Down Server Management
You cannot back down to a previous version of Server Management with PUT. You must use the cmicimageupdate utility from another EC2 instance managed by the CMIC. The steps below use Viewpoint as the example.
You cannot back down to a version earlier than the minimum version allowed on Teradata Database on AWS.
- Download the latest CMIC image to which you want to back down from Teradata Support.New and existing Teradata customers with on-premises Teradata systems can use Teradata Support to download the CMIC image.
- From the AWS Web Console, note the Private IP and Public IP of the CMIC instance.
- From your SSH client console, log onto the Viewpoint instance as
ec2-userusing the applicable AWS key pair.
ssh -i private key file ec2-user@Viewpoint private-IP
- The private key file is the private key file (.pem) of the AWS key pair specified when launching the instance.
- The CMIC private-IP is private IP address of the CMIC instance.
- Run the configuration utility.
./cmicimageupdate --cmic public-IP --identity private-key-file --image CMIC image.cif
- The public-IP is public IP address of the CMIC instance.
- The private-key-file is the private key file (.pem) of the AWS key pair specified when launching the instance.
- The CMIC image is the name of the downloaded CMIC .cif file.
- When prompted, type yes to continue.The utility updates the CMIC version.