If you are launching Teradata Database with other Teradata software solutions on AWS, we recommend launching a Teradata ecosystem using CloudFormation. Alternatively, you can deploy some products separately using the CloudFormation, Manual Launch, or 1-Click Launch methods described here. Launch Teradata Database before deploying other Teradata products separately.
Supported launch methods vary by product. For information about which methods can be used for which Teradata products, see Options for Launching Software Separately: By Product.
||Provides the ability to launch the following software by itself based on templates.|
- A Teradata Database system using a choice of templates. See Database Templates. Requires no additional configuration.
- Teradata AppCenter using a single template. Requires no additional configuration.
- A Teradata Data Mover agent or cluster using a single template. Requires no additional configuration.
- A Teradata Server Management instance using a single template. Requires minimal configuration.
||Gives you full control of all settings before launching Teradata product instances based on AMIs, but is more time-consuming than CloudFormation launch due to post-launch configuration requirements.|
- Involves additional configuration steps after instance launch.
- Allows you to launch multiple AWS instances of a single Teradata product from one AMI based on the same configuration settings of your choosing.
- Provides for modification of all settings, including storage type and capacity.
- Automatically sets EBS root device volume for deletion on instance termination, but requires you to manually set attached EBS storage volumes for deletion. See EBS Storage.
- Provides for launching instances in placement groups and availability zones other than the default. Certain Teradata Database on AWS software benefits particularly from inclusion in placement groups. See Placement Groups.
- Requires some knowledge in setting up an instance.
||Easiest and fastest way to launch a single instance of Teradata products. Requires minimum configuration.|
- Allows you to launch a single AWS instance from one AMI with predefined settings recommended by Teradata.
- Can use only the predefined Teradata instance types.
- Presents difficulty modifying some settings after the instance is launched.
- Cannot modify the predefined storage size and type.
- Automatically sets EBS storage volumes for deletion on instance termination.
- Does not provide for launching of instances in Placement Groups and Availability Zones other than the default.