Configuring PuTTY for Teradata Database on AWS Connections
PrerequisiteThis procedure assumes you have PuTTY and the PuTTY Key Generator (PuTTYgen) installed.
You can configure PuTTY to allow connections to Teradata Database on AWS instances.
- From the AWS console, select .
- Record the Public IP of the instance to which you want to connect.
- Convert your *.pem file to a *.ppk file.
- Run PuTTYgen.
- Select .
- Select the Amazon key pair *.pem file that was created when you launched the instance, and click Open.
- At Actions, select Save private key, and save your key in *.ppk format.
- From your desktop, run PuTTY.
- Under Category, select Session.
- At Host Name, enter the public IP address you previously recorded.
- At Port, enter 22.
- Under Category again, select .
- At Private key file for authentication, click Browse and navigate to the *.ppk file you created.
- Click Open and log in as ec2-user.