Configuring a Teradata Viewpoint Instance for DSC
Depending on how you launched your instance, use the following table to determine whether you need to complete this procedure.
You must configure a Teradata Viewpoint instance if you plan to use the BAR Setup and BAR Operations portlets in Teradata Viewpoint.
- From the AWS Web Console, note the Public IP of the Viewpoint instance and either the Private IP or Private DNS of the DSC instance.
- From your SSH client console, log on to the Viewpoint instance as
ec2-userusing the applicable AWS key pair.
# ssh -i private-key-file ec2-user@public-IP
- private-key-file is the private key file (.pem) of the AWS key pair specified when launching the DSC instance.
- public-IP is public IP address of the Viewpoint instance.
- Switch to the root user environment.
# sudo su -
- Edit the barportlet.properties file to change the private DNS name of the DSC instance.
where IP-address is the private IP address or the private DNS name of the DSC instance.
# cd /etc/opt/teradata/dsa/config/barportlet.properties broker.url=IP-address
- Restart Viewpoint.
# /etc/init.d/viewpoint restart
The BAR Setup and BAR Operations portlets in Teradata Viewpoint are ready to use. See the Teradata Data Stream Architecture User Guide.