Configuring PuTTY for Teradata Software for AWS Connections
PrerequisiteThis procedure assumes you have PuTTY and the PuTTY Key Generator (PuTTYgen) installed.
You can configure PuTTY to allow connections to Teradata Software for AWS instances.
- From the AWS console, select EC2 > Instances.
- Record the Public IP of the instance to which you want to connect.
- Convert your *.pem file to a *.ppk file.
- Run PuTTYgen.
- Select Conversions > Import key.
- Select the Amazon key pair *.pem file that was created when you deployed the instance, and click Open.
- At Actions, select Save private key, and save your key in *.ppk format.
- From your desktop, run PuTTY.
- Under Category, select Session.
- At Host Name, enter the public IP address you previously recorded.
- At Port, enter 22.
- Under Category again, select SSH > AUTH.
- At Private key file for authentication, click Browse and navigate to the *.ppk file you created.
- Click Open and log in as ec2-user.