Revoking Licenses for BYOL
For BYOL, you must revoke the licenses before you terminate a Teradata Database instance or delete the AWS CloudFormation stack. If you accidentally delete the stack before you revoke the licenses, contact Teradata Customer Support.
- Switch to the root user environment.
# sudo su -
- Run the following command from each Teradata Database node.
tdc-revokeThe revocation is complete when you see License has been revoked successfully.
- Verify the revoked licenses have been credited back.
- Log into the Teradata EMS server at https://slem.teradata.com/ems/customerLogin.html.
- Click to expand Associated Products and Features.
- In the Quantity column, verify the quantity of available TCores has increased by the number of revoked TCores.
It is safe to terminate the instance or delete the AWS CloudFormation stack. See Stopping or Terminating Teradata Database Instances and Deleting an AWS CloudFormation Stack.