Configuring Additional EBS Storage for a DSC Instance
If the default size of any launched DSC AMI is insufficient, you can add more EBS storage volumes to a running DSC instance.
This procedure describes how to configure the EBS block devices after adding the EBS storage volumes. This procedure is not for Amazon S3 storage.
- After adding more EBS storage volumes to a running DSC instance, configure the EBS block devices for use with the running DSA instance.
# cd /opt/teradata/client/15.11/dsa/commandline # dsu-part-create -d device -s size -m pathwhere:
For example, add a 2 TB storage drive:
- device is the device to partition.
- size is the partition size, such as 1076 for 1076 GB.
- path is the directory in which to mount the device and where files are saved by the DSC application.
# dsu-part-create -d /dev/xvdd -s 2147.5 -m /dsu/path1where:
- /dev/xvdd is the block device to partition.Note:When launching the instance, the block device is /dev/xvdd, even though the block device is /dev/sdd.
- 2147.5 is the partition size.
- /dsu/path1 is the directory path in which to mount the device. If the directory does not exist, it is automatically created for you.