Obtaining Software Bundles for Upgrade
Before upgrading Teradata components deployed in a virtual or public cloud environment, download the latest bundles for the operating system, if applicable, and each component being upgraded.
When performing a major upgrade, you must redeploy the system.
- Log on to https://tays.teradata.com.
- Click TAYS PORTAL, located under the Teradata logo.
- If you have multiple Teradata at Your Service accounts, select the account associated with your AWS deployment from the menu located below MY ACCOUNT at the top right of the page.
- Under Tools, select Software Downloads.
- Click in the Download column for the operating system bundle.Because the operating system bundle includes both important security updates and the latest version of PUT, you must separately upgrade the operating system whenever upgrading other Teradata components deployed in a virtual or public cloud environment, with the exception of Server Management.
- If you are a new Akamai user, you are prompted to set up Akamai by completing the following steps:
- In the Akamai NetSession Interface dialog box, click download the installer.
- Click Save File.
- Click Run.
- Review the License Agreement, then select I Agree and Next.
- In the Installation Complete dialog box, click Close.
- In the Browse for Folder dialog box, navigate to the preferred download location, then click OK.
- Click in the Download column for each additional component being upgraded.